Friday, September 29
I weighed in at 79.8. So that is one goal I can cross off my list!!
I was a good girl and got up at 7 this morning and went for a walk (the big block 5.2 km) - mainly since I ate way to much last night *wink*
I should have taken the camera - as I was walking a Kangaroo went bounding past ... Sarge just stared at it!! I am used to seeing cows, sheep and horses but I have not seen a kangaroo that close to town:)
Well must go get ready - we have a friend who is a fireman in melbourne and we are taking the boys down to the station today and he is going to take them for a ride in the fire truck:)
Hope you all have a great weekend:)
Wednesday, September 27
Firstly thankyou for your suggestions about the email I had to send!
I wrote how I enjoyed meeting her, and that it would have been lovely working there....and that I had been to another interview - and was offered the job on the spot...and it fits well with my family committments
(I really liked that, girls)
I said I was sorry for letting her down, but I didn't want to let my new employer down either!
It is sent now - I can stop stressing about it!!
This new picture was taken yesterday wearing the same clothes that I wore when I posted on June 9 - actually it's a different jacket ( a size smaller) I am happy that things around the tummy area are looking heaps better:)
Weigh in tommorrow - not sure how I will go, it has been hard resisting food with hubby home. He wanted spring rolls and chicken munchies for tea...and it was too hard to not try some... and then he brought out the mini mars bars!!
Well only 4 more days, and they are back to work/school and I can get back into a routine!!
Will post my results tommorrow:)
Monday, September 25
After spending a sleepless night weighing up what I was going to do;
I have decided that I want to stay with Simply Italian-
*The hours are great - only nights, so I don't have to worry about childcare ect
- the winery is all types of shifts... breakfast, lunches and dinner.
*The travel time is shorter - 20 mins compared to 40 mins
*The job isn't seasonal - winter is a slow time at winery
*I am loving the fast pace of the resturant - there is alot of standing around at winery
*I am really loving the people I am working with
So my problem now is how to I break it gently to the winery ~ she sent me an email to say she will call me on 3rd oct to get me to sign form ect..
I feel that I am letting her down - I hate that!
I would love any suggestions on what I can write in this email, to let them know that I already have a job and that I am really sorry that I can't take on thier job - even though I really liked them and was looking forward to working there ... I really find it hard to get the wording right, I want to sound 'nice' if you know what I mean!!
So please all you creative writers ... HELP !!!
In other news - I recieved the flyer for the christmas bloggers dinner from Hayley - sounds like a great night, being a Saturday I am not sure if I will be working or not ... but I would really love to go!! Although I won't be able to drink - as it is a long drive home:(
Will see what happens when it gets a little closer:)
Hope everyone is having a great Monday - Hubby is home today, so we are going to the bakery for lunch which will be nice ... we are pretty boring people so this is a big thing for us...lol
Sunday, September 24
(even though the boys were not impressed with their Dad's cooking last night...lol)
I can't remember if I have mentioned it , but I am doing the 4 week challenge that Ail's and Kirsty, and a few others are doing ( the fact that it finishes around my birthday is a huge motivator to do well)
My goals are:
To get out of the 80's ( hopefully that will be done next weigh in)
to be 78 kilo's by my birthday,
Then the next goal is to get under 75 kilo's - virgin fat!!
I want to be able to cross out the first one's - and will be stoked to get into virgin fat!
Well must go and get some housework done - we had a power problem this morning due to the wind last night, and I came online as soon as the power guys left...lol
Saturday, September 23
The resturant is called Simply Itailan, which is in Woodend - about a 20 min drive from home.
It was originally two seperate resturants, and italian and thai, the owner took them both over - so you can order both italian and thai meals - they also do takeaway.
I think I got the job!
When the shift was finished the owner asked how I liked it and if I could work fri (last night) and tonight (sat) ~ but nothing else was said about after that, and I am a bit shy to just come out and say "so, have I got the job!!" - so I will just see what happens:)
A few of you mentioned about it being dangerous working with all that yummy food ~ but I think I am going to be ok. At the winery there was always left overs and we all sat down and ate a meal together at the end of the night, but here everything is cooked to order... so not a huge amount of food left - and if there are leftovers they take them home - not eat it there. It is much easier to say no to the left overs!!
- although they do send coffee to the kitchen a couple of times - but I can work that in to my plans!
I forgot to mention in my last post that I was sitting on 80 kilo's!! So hopefully next weigh in I will be in the 70's!!!
Well must go get some housework done: hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Thursday, September 21
Just a quick post - I have an interview at an Italian resturant tonight, It was arranged for me too go just for an interview but the owner rang me back this afternoon and said since I am going there during opening hours, would I like to do a shift to see how things work out - which is very exciting!!
Fingers crossed that he likes me - and that I like the place too xxxxx
Monday, September 18
Friday, September 15
I had a busy week, so even though I was active - I only did one day of planned exercise! The boys are on school holidays -starting this afternoon, so I will have to plan my time better:)
I had a day out shopping the other day - mostly putting layby's for christmas, but I did buy myself a new pair of runners (which I christened this morning) I alao brought a pilates box set $16 from the wearhouse it comes with cards explaining exercises and a dvd - I will do the dvd today. I brought a yoga mat aswell.
I have rediscovered baked beans lately - I kind of went off them the last few years!
Most of the week I had baked beans on toast for breakfast - and I have not been hungry till lunchtime:) I also found my favorite bread 'helga's sunflower, honey and oat' bread, which also comes as bread rolls - at the supermarket I found they now have muffins....yumm!!
Last night I went for a job interview in Sunbury at a winery - doing the same work I do now, so now I am just waiting to see how I went.... very nerve wracking, the place was lovely and the staff I met were really nice....I would love to work there!!
Hope you all have a great weekend:)
Monday, September 11
Copy and paste the list and bold what you have done....Just bold the things you have accomplished in your life:
1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
2. Swam with wild dolphins
3. Climbed a mountain
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid
6. Held a tarantula
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
8. Said "I love you" and meant it
9. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
6. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
7. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
6. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an expert
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Eaten fugu (pufferfish)
89. Had a one-night stand
90. Gone to Thailand
91. Bought a house
92. Been in a combat zone
93. Buried one/both of your parents
94. Been on a cruise ship
95. Spoken more than one language fluently
96. Performed in Rocky Horror Picture Show
97. Raised children
98. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111.Riden a bike
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach1
33. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one important author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone's life
Friday, September 8
I was very good and had my yogurt for breakfast
- the reason I didn't have it before I left home wasn't really scale related - I normally eat breakfast around 9ish, and on thursday's I leave home around 8am, I just can't handle food that early! I did have a drink of water in the car though:)
It made a huge difference while I was shopping - only brought the stuff I needed!
The only treat I had was a honeycomb kitkat really yummy:) a huge difference to my thursday night block of chocolate!!
But "I don't do that anymore" - from AJ rochesters book
I am feeling very positive for the coming week. I weighed myself this morning and I am only 100g heavier than yesterday, which is a great start. Most weeks I am a kilo up already!
I do have to go a conference on Saturday that includes morning tea and lunch. It is also the AGM for the whole of Vic's TOWN clubs. I went last year and the lunch was all low fat (since we are a weightloss group...lol)
It was pouring with rain yesterday, so I had to find a belt when I got home, because my jeans are getting loose which also means they are sitting lower so the cuffs were soaked by the time I got home ( and that is with wearing shoes with a huge heel)
So I dug out a belt from the wardrobe that hasn't seen the light of day for a very long time. I can just do it up on the last hole, i can't wait till I can do it up tighter - that will be a measure on how I am going!
Well must go get the boys off to school - hope everyone has a great day:)
Tuesday, September 5
My problem is that on Thursday's (weigh in day) it's pretty much a 'free' day, I don't eat breakfast before I weigh in, which means that I am starving by the time the meeting is over, I also do my grocery shopping straight after the meeting and eat take away for lunch - then end up with something naughty for tea, because I've been out all day!
This weeks plan of attack is to take something (maybe yogurt) to have once I have weighed in, so by the time I start my shopping I will have something in my tummy - instead of buying something for lunch - I will bring something from home. And I won't be buying crap that will turn into leftovers for Friday's eat fest!!
I really think that if I follow this plan (and I WILL follow it) that I can have a decent loss, at the moment I am working my ass off Mon - Wed to lose the kilo or so that I gain on thurs/fri/sat. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING!!!
In the past 12 weeks I have lost FOUR Kilos, which is great, but I want to lose more than that in the next 12 weeks.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my losses that I have had - but I feel it's time to get a bit tougher with myself! I want to wear those new clothes!!!! ( stamping my feet...lol)
Wish me Luck:)
Friday, September 1
Firstly I would like to say a huge congratulations to Jodie and Jamie on the birth of Zoe Marie -
I lost 300g this week (it's creeping down slowly) Which leaves 3.4 to lose in 7 weeks!!
I have decided that if I make this goal, I will buy a pair of new runners! * I just realised that getting down to 78 kilo's will mean 20 kilo's lost in total!!
A couple of months ago, when I cleaned my wardrobe I put a whole heap of clothes into a basket in the back - things that were way to small, or just tight enough that I am not comfortable wearing out. While I was looking for some shoes with a heel to wear with my jeans ( which are still slightly to long) I found the basket and tried a few things on, some things are still tight - some 3/4 pants I need to lose about an inch around my tummy for them to fit.
So when I lose a few more kilo's - I will have a 'new' wardrobe of things to wear - which is very exciting, as alot of the clothes have not even been worn yet!!
In the past I have brought clothes just a little smaller because I was going to be able to fit in them in a few weeks ( who was I kidding!!) I don't do that anymore!!
I hope you all have a great weekend:)