Saturday, September 23

Thursday night went really well - the work was exactly as I expected and everyone was really nice and friendly!
The resturant is called Simply Itailan, which is in Woodend - about a 20 min drive from home.
It was originally two seperate resturants, and italian and thai, the owner took them both over - so you can order both italian and thai meals - they also do takeaway.

I think I got the job!

When the shift was finished the owner asked how I liked it and if I could work fri (last night) and tonight (sat) ~ but nothing else was said about after that, and I am a bit shy to just come out and say "so, have I got the job!!" - so I will just see what happens:)

A few of you mentioned about it being dangerous working with all that yummy food ~ but I think I am going to be ok. At the winery there was always left overs and we all sat down and ate a meal together at the end of the night, but here everything is cooked to order... so not a huge amount of food left - and if there are leftovers they take them home - not eat it there. It is much easier to say no to the left overs!!
- although they do send coffee to the kitchen a couple of times - but I can work that in to my plans!

I forgot to mention in my last post that I was sitting on 80 kilo's!! So hopefully next weigh in I will be in the 70's!!!

Well must go get some housework done: hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you :)

Having worked in the employment industry, I really recommend that next time you work, or next time they ring you, hit them up about whether you have the job. That will then allow you to discuss pay details etc, coz they should get all of that before you even work a trial. DON'T KEEP WORKING FOR THEM ON A TRIAL (FREE) BASIS - lots of employers do a lot of this to keep their costs down.

Congrats on the loss, too!

Hayley

Briony said...

Well done on another loss. I agree with Hayley, make sure you ask about the job otherwise they'll rip you off.
29 to go - keep up the good work!
Have a great week honey!
Bri

Briony said...

that was supposed to say 29 "days" to go, sorry!
Bri

Anonymous said...

well dont on possibly getting into the 70's!!! woooohooo.. I am trying to get into the 80's.. I know I will get there and when i do i will be dancin and partying.. hehe... Gr8 news on the job... I hope it works out for you...
Keep up the awesome work with yur new exercise machine..
Hugs WBS

Anonymous said...

That was supposed to be well done.. not well dont..arghhhh
blasted typos...Sorry about that

Kathryn said...

Well done.

I hate it when people don't make things clear. I'm like you - I hate to come out and ask.

Suzy said...

Best of luck with the job. You deserve to know where you stand.

Jadey said...

Awesome news on the weight and the job babe - hey next week you may be employed and a 70's girl! woohoo!

Ails said...

How exciting about the job!!!!!