Monday, September 18

I have a new exercise machine.....
SARGE
He was originally a friends dog, but due to a marriage breakup he was left looking for a home - the kids adore him already, he is well trained and I haven't even heard him bark yet.
He has definately kept me active the last few days - I have taken him for a few walks, and am walking much faster than normal - I have no choice...lol
I got onto the Gmap Pedometer site (with alot of thanks to Hayley - 'Chunky To Spunky'-
for helping me learn to use it) and I am loving it. Living in a country town, it shows everything, the house lots, paddocks ect, so I can even work out the distance if I cut across a paddock!!
On saturday morning I got up early and did a long walk.... 5.2 km, I won't do that everyday - once a week would be great. Yesterday I took the dog on two walks 4.4 km in total, and today Jason had a friend over so we walked up to the park and they played footy and rode their bikes on the bike track - and then we took the long way home which ended up 3.4 km ( hopefully they will sleep well tonight...lol) and I have just got back from a quick walk with sarge 2.2km!
I also did the pilates dvd ( for the first time) this morning.
You would think that I would be looking at a decent loss for the week - but my eating on the weekend has been terrible....so I'll be happy to stay the same
( I am trying hard not to break my losing streak!)
Before I go, I have a question....
I have not been counting Kj and fat grams, but I've started to take more notice of the labels -
So -How many Kj's and fat grams should I be sitting around on a daily basis??
Both on active or non active day's - If anyone can help it would be great!!
( weight at moment 80.5 - goal weight 65)
Thanks!

9 comments:

Briony said...

Don't they say 20 grams of fat a day to lose weight? Hmm I don't really know actually, ignore me. How many days til our birthday now? I think ..... 34 - yikes. Hpoe you have another loss this week. (hope I do too!!).
Bri

Yummy Mummy said...

I wouldn't have a clue with the grams of fat etc.. that is one thing with WW.. you learn points.. but not the basics!!!!
Must check out that gmap site.. sounds cool!!!
Have a great week and I am sure the scales will be kinD!!!

Suzy said...

Sounds like your new exercise machine will keep you fit!

Not sure about Kj's sorry. I too am a points person.

I love cold baked beans spread on top of sweet chilli tuna on toast! Yum, now I'm hungry. (I tried to comment yesterday but couldn't).

Anonymous said...

YAY for Sarge and with the Kjs etc, I just let Calorie King work it all out for me now. It will all depend on your weight, how much you want to lose and how much exercise you do.

michelle said...

Wow you have really upped your exercise. Must be fun with the machine to pull you along.

Cinders said...

Hi Leighanne. You should probably be aiming between 1200-1400 calories a day. (5280-6160kj's). Fat grams should be no higher than 35gms and take note of the saturated fats. The higher the number the more 'bad' fat it is. (Of course this is all my opinion).

You should have a look at Calorie King or Spark People and get some ideas.

Hayley said...

LOVE your new exercise machine... mine unfortunately only gets me exercising around the backyard due to fear for his safety in this town, but that's another story!
I'm so glad yr loving the pedometer - it was an excellent find (thx Kathryn @ iDiet), and it keeps me much more motivated when I can come home and put in my route to see how far i've travelled. Seems like it's doing the same for you too.
Gotta love Helgas with baked beans - Yummm! Can't go wrong!
Thx for popping over to say gday,
Chunky Hayley

Kt said...

thats a pretty cool exercise machine!

Ails said...

That's the cutest piece of exercise equipment I've ever seen!

Isn't Gmap pedometer the best!