Monday, September 25

Remember the interview that I went to a week or so ago, waitressing at a winery? Well I got an email back yesterday and got that job too!!

After spending a sleepless night weighing up what I was going to do;
I have decided that I want to stay with Simply Italian-
*The hours are great - only nights, so I don't have to worry about childcare ect
- the winery is all types of shifts... breakfast, lunches and dinner.
*The travel time is shorter - 20 mins compared to 40 mins
*The job isn't seasonal - winter is a slow time at winery
*I am loving the fast pace of the resturant - there is alot of standing around at winery
*I am really loving the people I am working with

So my problem now is how to I break it gently to the winery ~ she sent me an email to say she will call me on 3rd oct to get me to sign form ect..
I feel that I am letting her down - I hate that!
I would love any suggestions on what I can write in this email, to let them know that I already have a job and that I am really sorry that I can't take on thier job - even though I really liked them and was looking forward to working there ... I really find it hard to get the wording right, I want to sound 'nice' if you know what I mean!!
So please all you creative writers ... HELP !!!

In other news - I recieved the flyer for the christmas bloggers dinner from Hayley - sounds like a great night, being a Saturday I am not sure if I will be working or not ... but I would really love to go!! Although I won't be able to drink - as it is a long drive home:(
Will see what happens when it gets a little closer:)

Hope everyone is having a great Monday - Hubby is home today, so we are going to the bakery for lunch which will be nice ... we are pretty boring people so this is a big thing for us...lol

9 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wow!! Congrats on getting two jobs... But i am glad it is you and not me having to let the other people know that you wont be taking on the position hehe..
I would love to also go to the christmas party but I will have to think about it... mine involves a flight to be able to go... have to see if I think i have earned it or deserve it...
Cheers WBS

Anonymous said...

WOW things are really happening for you Leighanne and it's obvious that your work for it. It's so great to read! Hey, and I get the bakery thing. You wouldn't believe half the things Dan and I get our kicks from now that we don't go clubbing :-)

michelle said...

What you just wrote here will be fine. Just do it as soon as you can so they can go back to other applicants. Glad you have made the choice as I think the Italian one is much better for your family and the travelling involved will consume less of your time.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog!

You are going great guns with your weight loss!

Lisa C said...

So everybody wants you working for them??? Clever girl.
As for your xmas party...you always have a place to stay here :)

Ails said...

It would be great if you could make it to the blogger dinner! To meet you finally would be awesome!

I think you've made the wise decision regarding the two jobs - just be honest in your email, tell them about the other job, that they got in first and that, after considering everything, it works better with your family commitments. I'm sure they'll understand :)

Rae said...

I agree wiht the other girls, sounds like a good call on the jobs, and just be yourself and tell them you accepted another position, but thankyou for your time. simple as that! you should feel special that everyone wants you, not get the guilts!
I sure you wrote the right thing and everything is fine (i just noticed a little behind... :)
and bakerys are yummy, you are not boring people! in fact, i wanna go too!
*grin*
Rae :)

Suzy said...

Wow! Congrats on being so popular! Sounds like you made the right decision.
I would email them as soon as possible so they can get someone else. Just thank them very much and say the other job is closer to home and fits in better with your little family. They will understand.
Your new profile pic is lovely.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours, hey? TWO JOB OFFERS? You legend - you must be doing something right!
You definately considered everything in making your choice, the one you picked surely sounds like the best on for you all, so hope it goes well!