Wednesday, January 31

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.....

I took Ray to book a plane ticket yesterday, so he will be leaving early (5am) Sunday morning.
As yet he has only had the one shower (I may have to hose him down...lol) I keep giving little remarks like when we got home from shopping it was hot so I changed my shirt - he said it has gotten warm today, so I said "yeah thats why I had to change my shirt" HINT, HINT but he just let it slide.... only 4 sleeps to go...

Today I was going through some of the boys baby stuff - Our niece is due to have a boy in March - so I could send some things back home with Ray, (I did buy some new things for her too) In luke's baby box I found my pregnancy book, and the last appointment, which was in the morning of the day he was born. My weight was 88.6, I weigh about that now....omg...I weigh the same as I did at 9 months pregnant!!!

I have been reading a book "I can make you slim" Paul McKenna and I am really enjoying it, it has a motivational cd as well which after listening I feel really enthusiastic about everything!!
His plan is to follow 4 rules:
  • When you are hungry, EAT
  • EAT WHAT YOU WANT, not what you think you should
  • Eat CONSCIOUSLY and enjoy every mouthful
  • When you think you are full, STOP eating

How simple is that??

I am finding that not depriving myself...that I am not craving certain things...which means it won't lead to a binge when I buy chocolate or anything else perceived as a 'naughty' food, which has been happening way to much of late.

I have some motivation to keep myself on track...my Dad is getting remarried on 31st March, and there will be alot of relies that I have not seen since Nan died, 2 years ago - when I was weighing around 85 . So I want to be looking great...and heaven forbid, I may even buy a dress for the first time in years!! The last dress I wore was my wedding dress...isn't that sad!

Weigh in tommorrow, will post results soon xx

9 comments:

Zanna said...

Sounds like a very sensible kind of plan and if it will work for you then that's just brilliant. Roll on Saturday! and good luck tomorrow.
Cheers
Z

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ewww early start just to get rid of Pops.......... ha ha worth it hey...I would sit up just so he didnt miss his flight..rofl...
You will be fine...
That book sounds good...
Let me know how well it works...

Anonymous said...

that's awesome if u were 85 two years ago and only have to drop a few kilos to get there again and you have two months to do it - awesome!

Tina said...

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

Obviously some people just don't get the hint, do they - lol. I hope he has a shower before he goes. I pity the person sitting next to him if he doesn't.

Lisa C said...

Not long til he is gone now, Lee!
Well, school is back...I celebrated with a few hours shopping at Highpoint! yay!
That book sounds interesting...will look for it when shopping next.
Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow.

Chunky said...

YOu're a hero stickin' it out with Pops!

That eating plan sounds pretty much like the Intuitive Eating that Lisa Jane (and alot of others, but I heard it thru her first) talks about.

It really is the way we should ALL be eating, isn't it?

Leighanne said...

You know I am must less stressed about food when it comes to eating at the moment...very liberating!!

Sally JPA said...

Very sensible stuff, except it pays to stop eating for a while when you feel yourself even slightly satisfied, b/c you're going to keep feeling fuller for 20 more minutes after the food has gone in your mouth.

Julie's Journey said...

Love the rules - but I am obviously not as sensible as you. I would think it was open slather. Its amazing what my mind tells me. Good luck with weigh-in.