Saturday, January 27

"They say tommorrow never comes. That may be so, but it never goes, either. It is always there, hanging on the horizon, beckoning us forward or, sometimes, causing us to shrink back in dismay. They say we should live for today. Are they mad? Do they not know about tommorrow? Or maybe, they know something that we don't know. Tommorrow will always be part of the future. What's happening today is precious. Enjoy it while you have it within your grasp to enjoy."
I don't normally read the daily stars in the paper - we don't get the paper that often, but with Ray being here he buys it everyday -
That was my horscope for yesterday, and it is so true...I am always putting things off until I lose weight...and I am missing out on so much!! I need to enjoy the here and now!!
After reading that and thinking WOW I was interested on what todays would be...
" 'Waiter, waiter, there's a fly in my soup'. "Well don't wave it about sir, everyone else in the restaurant will want one.' Sadly, this dreadful old joke sums up the kind of advice that too many people in my profesion feel entitled to dole out. 'Make the most of your situation', they glibly advise'Count your blessings.' I cannot quite bring myself to offer you any such platitudes this weekend. If something irks you feel fully free to gripe and moan. If you complain loudly enough, you may just get things changed"

Ray had his first shower since being here, this morning ...that makes 6 days no shower...eeewww...although he put all his dirty clothes back on - even though I washed the shirt he came over in and it is sitting in his room in plain view....maybe I should start complaining loudly...lol

Hope all is having a great weekend

8 comments:

Mary said...

It's so true isn't it. How many live as though "one day" we'll do this or or do that when we should be living it today! Good reminder.

LOL at Ray. Poor guy...at least he had the shower but yeah, putting the dirty clothes back on? Does that defeat the purpose? Gosh, how do you tell someone without hurting their feelings. Can your partner talk to him about it, man to man?

Good luck!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hmmmm Let me ring him up and tell him he needs to change his jocks at least....
ewwwww or maybe he doesnt wear any :o) rofl...
Oh dear... glad its you and not me...
Not long to go now... he he he

Suzy said...

Oh dear, I reckon you are counting down the days till u know who goes!

Anonymous said...

ew! i HAVE to shower every day! i can understand that men may miss one - but six is just gross!

the start of your entry is so true - why wait until we are thin? getting involved in more will actually get us there!!!!!!

Zanna said...

Yes Leighanne - seize the day - aas they say life isn't a dress rehearsal. One of the problems of being young is that you think you've got plenty of time and while I don't exactly feel decrepit,I am conscious that life is zipping along - with or without me!
Take care
Z
xx

Tina said...

I think you should start complaining. It would be interesting to see what he says.

How much longer do you have him with you?

lisa jane said...

Um, he really needs to work on his personal hygiene thing (if you don't mind me saying so) there's just no excuse.Its gross, he should bathe, preferably change his clothes too, regularly.

If all else fails hose him.

HD said...

christ, that's almost a week without a shower... fark, i feel disgusting if i miss one day... men huh?!!?

That quote is awesome... love it.