Friday, January 12

Reading Becks 'My body is a temple' entry a few days ago has really had me thinking about the way I look after "my temple" there is a new ad that has been on lately for special K about the same sort of thing - about wemon putting themselves last on their personal lists, something that I am very guilty of!! I have always put Vic and the boys first ~and it might just be about time to be a little "selfish" for a change!
So this afternoon while the boys were playing in the pool, I left Vic out there to look after them and came in and soaked my poor sore feet in my footspa(that hasn't seen the light of day in ages!) with Bodyshop milk bath, then I gave them a scrub with my bodyshop lavender salt scrub - thanks Beckie for the idea:) At the moment my feet are feeling so soft and lovely.
I think I really need to take time out like this at least once a week. It's amazing how the mood lifts with a bit of pampering. it can do nothing but good because " If mummy is happy - the whole house is happy" - I love that quote!!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's great to meet new people via these blogs.

I have put your blog into my favourites and will have a good read later.

I noticed your boys are essendon supporters. My hubby is a mad essendon fan.

Good luck with the continued weight loss journey. I'm doing well so far this year. It's our year!!!!!

Cinders said...

Good on you Leighanne. Nothing like a good footsoak.

Mary said...

I think it's so important to give yourself timeout and a foot soak is a great idea!

lisa jane said...

Isnt that the truth .I feel so much more equipped to deal with daily stresses when I take time for myself