Friday, March 31

I have been very slack lately, and have had alot on my plate, so to speak!

A dear friend was put in hospital a couple of weeks ago with a brain tumor - if it was not operated on she only had 3 weeks left - they operated and got 95% of it, but she may only have 3 months. A very upsetting time!

My father in law was told he has at least 4 years, which in a way is a bit of a relief - but still scary.

Lately I have found myself slipping back into my old habits - eating more takeaway than I have for ages, snacking more, not drinking enough water and being too relaxed about exercise ~and feeling a bit depressed about it all, the result being that my skin is feeling terrible, I have been tired and irritable and I am up a few kilo's - to top it off I have a cold now!!
The kids are back at school so I have started walking with the other Mums again and I am drinking water - I just need to sort myself out foodwise now:)

Enough rambling from me:)
Hope you all have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Leighanne... it is always hard to see loved ones go through that sort of thing. My Dad was given 6 months to live (as he had cancer) and he lasted 10 years before dying of something not cancer related.

Sometimes you just can't be sure what will happen aye. Spend time with them and enjoy every moment.

My prayers are with you.

Love Chubbymum

Margaret said...

Oh gorgeous. Don't be thinking that you are slack. Give yourself credit for being as organised as possible and for getting back to it whenever you can.

Family and friends are so important and you need to spend time with them. But they would want you to be happy and being happy means being good to you too. You can do it mate.

And re the time frames given, Mum was given a few weeks and it has now been 7 months and she is still going. My advice would be to do the things that ensure you are left with no regrets when they pass on. And that may be years away.

Take it easy and well done with the walking. You will ease back and feel better for it.

Hugs.

M xx

Ang said...

Go the walking!!! Keep that up and everything else will fall into place. I'm sure of it!

Sorry about your friend, that is very tough news to deal with.

Mary said...

M has given you the best advice. You definitely sound like you've got a lot of your plate but hang in there and just do the best you can, *hugs*.

Yummy Mummy said...

Your absense had been noticed and hope that you get back on track. You can not be the best you can unless you are fit and well... You stay strong ang be the stregth for the others!!
Pleae take care

Jadey said...

Oh hun it sounds like you and the people around you are having such a hard time of things. Remember we will be here to vent with when you need it. my prayers are with you

Chris Powell said...

hey, havent stopped by in a while, im really sorry to hear about your bad news. Sounds like a tough time for u at the moment. I hope you get through it all ok.

Julie's Journey said...

With everything you have on your plate at the moment it is natural to slip up a bit but you sound like you are refocussing again so all should be good again soon. Look after yourself.
:o)

Suzy said...

Sorry to hear about your dear friend and your FIL.

Also sorry you have a cold. It seems to be a nasty one here. Hope yours is soon better.

Me said...

I hope things are OK with you - just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.
Don't be too hard on yourself when you have so much to deal with - take care !
Me

Jack said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Those old eating habits sneak up really quick when you're not watching, I've been there before! But with your walking and water intake it sounds like you are heading in the right direction and will have the eating healthy eating back in place in no time.

Keep it up!