Wednesday, February 22

I've been a bit down yesterday and today, because I know that I will definetly be reporting a gain tommorrow - I re-read M's post about negativity which made me really think about things...Like I am only going to be recording a gain because I didn't weigh in last week - my at home weight was 83.3 on the friday, and I am lower than that today - so I really have lost. But it will still be a bad feeling when I weigh in with a number in the GAIN colum!

Had a bit of shocking news this afternoon, my best friend who I also work with (- who helped me get the job I am now at) she recently got a promotion, which made her full time (I am a casual) rang to say she had just got fired! She doesn't even know why -just walked into the office and was told 'off you go'!
I don't have a shift till tommorrow night - I am a little worried about what it will be like at work!

Talking of work - LeeAnne asked if I wore my pedometre to work - I did once for a wedding and the steps were 10364, which is alot of steps!
I don't take my camera to work - but I might have to start if the weddings get interesting - I have to admit it is never boring at work. I am hoping I will be there for a while!!

Well Vic just got home - so I'll go for a walk to try and minimise tommorrows gain:)

P.S Happy birthday to my baby brother , malcolm - he is 17 today!!

15 comments:

Ang said...

That is SHOCKING news!! Well I hope things sort themselves out at work.

Don't stress yourself too much about those numbers on the scale... ok!

:)

Carla said...

thats really weird getting fired for no reason, i hope everythings ok. mate im sure you will be fine, you do so well and have an amazing attitude, im always in awe of how happy you usually come across :) yes it will be a bad feeling IF you get a gain, but with the amount of exercise you do, not only at work but other times, i think you will be ok :) *hugs*

Deb said...

Geez I'm sorry to hear about your friend! What a shock that must have been...

I'm really proud of you trying to avoid the negative talk... And for going to a weigh in even though you are sure it will be a gain - that takes guts!

I'm sure you will have a great week next week though :D

Yummy Mummy said...

No more negative throughts.. about your weight or your job. Try not to do your head in..... things will be fine!

Kt said...

hope things are ok at work today! & you never know, those scales might surprise you!

Margaret said...

If you have a little gain this week it could be your body adjusting to the amount of steps you have been doing at work - which are HUGE by the way. Just keep doing the good stuff you are doing and it will right itself soon. You know how crazy our bodies are!!

It is always sad and worrying when someone gets fired for seemingly no reason. Just keep your head up and your confidence going. You didn't get the job for being a slouch and you won't get fired without a bloody good reason.

Hope you have a good day today mate :D

Briony said...

You hardly ever have a gain and if you do it may be muscle gain, especially with all your walking. You've been a legend lately with that. Hope everything goes ok at work for you.
Bri

Kate said...

That's awful! Hope work goes ok for you.
xx

Suzy said...

Hope things turn out OK for you, both with your scales and things at work.

Mary said...

Oh no, two negatives but don't let it beat you. I hope it all works out for you!

Lesley said...

Hi
Love your new profile photo - very pretty. Hope everything turned out OK when you went into work. Keep us posted.

CaramelKitKat said...

Gee, hope your friend is ok? Not the news you want, but hopefully everything will be ok for you.

Fingers crosses that any gain you may have had was minimal. It's only a number at a given moment in time, your trend has been to drop weight and I am sure you will get back on the horse and continue to do that next week.

Nancy Bou said...

Hope everything is going to be ok for you at work.

How did your weigh in go last Thursday?

xx

Lee-Anne said...

Hope everything is going well and the work situation isn't stressing you out. Feel like something wasn't told. If I was you I wouldn't worry. Just remember tomorrow is always another day. Smile and be happy.

And not to forget...... Happy Birthday Malcolm. Oh what an age!!!!

Margaret said...

Hi Leighanne. Hope things are Ok with you. Have a great day :D