Tuesday, November 1

We are all enjoying our long weekend here!
I am happy to say that even though Vic and the boys have been home, I have managed to do some form of exercise everyday!
The cup is on this afternoon - I have backed the Diva, as I don't really know what other horses are around - and I have backed her for the last couple of years!

Not much else really happening, so I thought I would post the recipe for the cottage pie we had for tea last night!

Cottage Pie serves four, 5 points each ( the old points)

2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
1 stick celery, chopped finely
500g lean beef mince
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon flour
400g canned tomatoes - I used crushed
1/2 cup beef stock
1 carrot, grated
5 medium potatoes
1/2 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Heat a large frypan, cook the onion and celery till soft. Add the mince and cook. Stir in garlic and flour. Add tomatoes, carrot and stock, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer till mixture is thick and moist.
Meanwhile. Cook potatoes until tender. Mash with milk.
Spoon meat into ovenproof dish. Spread the mashed potato on top and gently press down with the back of a fork. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 30 minutes till heated through and golden on top.
Enjoy!!!

10 comments:

Suzy said...

Yum, I love Cottage Pie! I backed Makybe Diva too! My son went to the Cox Plate and saw her win and said she was amazing. Yay, we won!!!!

Mary said...

Good going with the exercise Lee and that Cottage Pie sounds like a goody. I like hearty meals :-) Yum!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for posting the recipe - I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

Margaret said...

Sounds delicious Lee. I haven't made a pie in ages. And I think congrats are in order on your bet for today. Hope you backed it big LOL.

Have a great day :)

philippa_moore said...

That pie sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try.

Good on you for keeping up the exercise, and for backing a winner today!

Kate said...

Glad you had a great weekend, and did some exercise - and well done on your win!

Lee-Anne said...

That horse is a legend!!!! What a way to retire. I think that is a record that won't be beaten.

Sounds like you've had a great long weekend.

Me said...

You have to love long weekends don't you ? Well done on your loss on Friday too.
Have a great (short) week !
Me

Melinda said...

Yummy sounding pie...I will be trying that out.
Love your little train engine and carriage and the turtle. They would be great incentives...does Town have a web site?
Glad you had such a nice long weekend and thanks for posting on my blog :-)

Yummy Mummy said...

Thanks for receipe... what is the difference with old points??? Have some of the values changed a little over the years??
Will keep posted to see what you weigh results are!!