Tuesday, November 8

I found this on Angels blog today,which gave me something to think about, she got it from the diet club website;

Weekend Calorie Crunching

When the weekend hits it's easy to think ' I was good all week, it's time to party' but consider this:

There are 104 weekend days per year. Add another 26 if you count Friday night as a half weekend day as a total of 130 days.

Now mutiply by 300 calories, which is a relatively low estimate of the calories you won't burn because you feel you shouldn't exercise or the extra calories you'll consume in weekend treats, and you have accumulated 39,000 calories - the equivalent of about 5 kilo's!

Although the occasional splurge can actually be a good thing, it's best to think of weekends as just an extention of the week. Keep eating right and exercising often!

I find my problem is not normally weekends - mine is thursday as I weigh in the morning and then do my shopping and eat lunch in town (naughty takeaway), which leads to friday too!!...and then if I am having a problem weekend ( party ect) I tend to work my butt off to undo any damage...I really need to stop this!!!

So this thursday I am going to have a salad roll, or subway instead to KFC or Chinese or potato cakes like last week :<

13 comments:

Baby Bump Wanted said...

Its amazing when you add it all up isnt it.
have a good one

Briony said...

Good on you for changing your habits, even one at a time can make such a difference.
Have a great day,
Bri

philippa_moore said...

I saw that too - it's so true, that we tend to view the weekend as treat time, free for all eating! I know I did, and sometimes still do. But my weigh in day is Monday, so I can't overindulge too much on the weekend because it will undo all my hard work during the week!

Even the smallest change to your habits makes a difference.

Jack said...

I enjoyed reading that, it is so true. You really have to keep your guard up or the calories will consume you! After being overweight for about 40 of my 46 years I finally got my weight under control by treating each day like a weigh-in day and changing my overall eating habits. I combat the special occasions, binges, and other deviations by increasing the exercise that I do. This works most of the time :-)

Suzy said...

Good idea about the Subway instead of KFC. It really is a healthy alternative and so nice. Guess those naughty treats really add up don't they.

Julie's Journey said...

I do the same thing. Great minds must thing alike (or is it devious minds). I tend to celebrate with a few wines after weigh in on Thursday night especially if it has been a good one. The rationale is that I have a whole week to work it off but then its Friday night and the weekend and... damn Ive done it again. Keep up your resolve you are going great.
:o)

Chris Powell said...

good advice. I hope i have enough willpower to follow this information too. Ive stacked on 5 kilos since i came to Japan, and now tHAT it is coming into winter theres even ore anger cos i wont be exercising.

Hope u have the willpower to stick to it to.

Good luck

Margaret said...

I saw this on Angels Blog and I thought it was excellent advice, and really made me think about it. It was one of the reasons I chose to weigh on Monday mornings. There is nothing like the thought of those scales to keep me in check on the weekends :)

Hope you have a great day today and good luck today for weigh in, and after weigh in food :)

Me said...

I weigh on Monday night for the same reason as M - the weekends are a lot easier to tackle when I know I have to face up to the scale the next day !
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Yummy Mummy said...

Before I joined WW, I went to Ballarat to pick up some things for the farm... MacDonalds for Breaky at Ararat, Hungry Jack's for lunch (Still my favorite take-way) and because I was late getting to Horsham to pick up the kids I picked up KFC for the family.... but wait it gets worse!! Had a girls night at a friends and ate TWO pieces of Cheesecake from the Cheesecake shop!!! - - So even though KFC or potato cakes wasn't the best thing to eat - can you top my day out!!!
It was only a few weeks after that day I joined WW

Kate said...

Great attitude!

Chubbymum said...

Hey Lee
Yes it was Highpoint my friend said. We didn't get much time to look at it all... ARGGHHH

BTW your son is a little cutie! and I know what you mean about them hating their hair done! he he he.

Love Chubbymum

Carla said...

Good on you for making small changes! you may find that the one small change (i.e fatty takeaways after weigh in gone and healthy substituted) will get you an even smaller loss! im a big fan of Subway and Sushi (although both nonos on SS i figure it has to be better than fish and chips or mcDs!!) as with both you can choose exactly what you want in them and you dont need lots to fill you up! have a great day!

ohh and blue heelers fan here too... Daytime telly is baddddd here!! :p