Sunday, July 31

Banana pikelets

Mary, here is the recipe


Serves 6

1 1/4 cups self raising flour
2 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
3/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)

Beat egg whites, sugar and milk together for 1 minute in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir bicarb soda into mashed bananas and add to bowl. Gently fold in flour till combined. Coat a frypan with cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls onto pan, when mixture starts bubbling turn over and cook other side. Repeat till all mixture has been used. Makes approx 24 pikelets.
fat .4
kj 763
cal 182

These days the primary school is in to healthy eating and recycling - the boys even get little certificates if they have a no wrapping lunch - so I brought them a tupperware lunchbox which keeps everything fresh ( and if they break - I get it replaced for free!!!)

I have another recipe that I was given at weigh in that I am going to try today - I have to have something to serve at my scrapbook party on Tuesday :)
If it works out I will post it later!!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Fantastic, thanks Lee! My man likes pikelets so I'll surprise him :-) Have fun trying the new recipe today!

michelle said...

I will try those pikelets as well. Hope you are having a good weekend and thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I will now be back regularly.

Suzy said...

Yum. Thanks for that. Will try them soon.

Felicity said...

sound yummy Leighanne will have to try them Tuesday when I have an at home free to do as I please day.

Margaret said...

Thanks from me too. This will go on the menu next weekend. Have a great week :)