Tuesday, May 3

Lukes Birthday

Well today my baby is six! It doesn't seem that long ago he was a coming home from hospital...lol
He got up at the crack of dawn to open his presents - spent the rest of the morning playing with his new remote control car!

I went and brought a set of food scales today, as the cheap ones I have are not very accurate, and I figure if I am going to do this properly, I need to make sure my measurements are right. Normally I am a "pinch of this, dash of that" type of cook. I only paid $30 for some basic ones that go from 1g to 2kg, it can also do ounces - which some old recipies have and I can reset to add other ingredients. So I am very happy!!
So I had to play with my new toy - so I measured out a heap of mince into 100g serves, for single portions for me, and measured everything properly for the lasagne I made for tea. I love new toys:)

Well I have done 10 minute airwalker, 25 minute walk and I am on my 2nd bottle (litre) of water, so things going well so far. After tea I have planned to have a small slice of cake.

Does washing dishes count as exercise? I have been doing a lot of sinkfuls for the last two days because the dishwasher has decided to leak all over the floor! My husband came home last night and laughed at me doing the dishes saying"thats not something I see very often!"
I miss my dishwasher!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so focused! Keep it up! Hope that your little boy has a wonderful birthday!

Kate said...

Sounds like you are doing so well this week! Good for you. Hope your baby has a good birthday. It's hard to imagine my baby being that old, but already it's going so fast!

Me said...

Sorry to hear about your leaking dishwasher. Unfortunately Al has been battling most of the evening - he thinks he may have found the leak yeehaaa !!! But we are off to work now so will switch the water off and see how it looks when we get in in the wee hours of the morning.
Take care and be good !

Margaret said...

Washing dishes is 0 points for the dishes and 5 points for chasing Husbands around the room after they make fun of you :)

Have fun with your scales. New toys make this so much fun don't they. I love my scales..

a mummy losing it said...

We put in a dishwasher at our last house then moved here and went 6 months without one. Never again, thank gosh for after Christmas sales, for we've now had 4 months of very little dishwashing by hand :)

Happy birthday to your son.