Wednesday, August 15

No real news as yet - Vic's Dad is still not doing well and its looking like it's only a matter of time before he goes, at the moment he is not recognising anyone, and has been talking as if he is back in the old days when he used to serve on the ships. Vic said he had a 'good' day on monday when they visited, he talked about his family and other things in the present - but since then he has gone back in his own world.
Vic is coming home this afternoon, he has said his goodbyes.
The DRs expected him to pass away already...but he has been hanging on, so it could be a week or so - Vic feels that in a way he has already gone, since his memory has.

The boys are going to be happy to see their Dad again - even though they have been speaking to him on the phone, they have been missing him terribly.

5 comments:

Christine said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you during these tough times.

CaramelKitKat said...

I am sure Vic can't wait to get home, he will be looking forward to some big hugs (and I doubt he will be disappointed).

Take care xo

Apple2Hourglass said...

The waiting is the worst part. I hope Vic is okay. I'm very sure he'll be so glad to see you and the boys. You're all in my thoughts.

Chris H said...

As B said, it is hard just waiting for someone near and dear to pass away... my thoughts are with you all.

Tina said...

I'm thinking of you at this very hard time.

I guess you have to remember the good times and hope he will be comfortable until the end.