Monday, January 22

Sorry that I have been MIA for the last week or so ~ the end of last week I was busy getting the boys things organised for camp, aswell as preparing the house for when my father in law arrives from tasmania to stay for a while.
It was so different not having both the boys here over the weekend - normally if they both go to stay somewhere overnight it is because Vic and I are going out. It was so quiet I found myself grazing all day - both days...shocking!!
I am also a little stressed about FIL coming for 2 reasons, there is alot of conflict with the relies over in Tassie (they all live in the same house) so when he comes over that is all he talks about - which is a bit upsetting for Vic as we are a long way away to do anything.
The other reason is that with the weight that I have gained I don't really feel comfortable in most of my clothes - it has been easy sitting around in daggy trackies and tops that show the rolls because no one is seeing me - not the case with a house guest.
We went out on Friday to do some shopping (for camp and FIL birthaday present) and we called in to see Lisa ( http://lisabplus3.blogspot.com/) and her 3 girls ~ it was the first time since I have worn jeans for ages - and they are getting tight!
One good thing about FIL being here is that I won't be able to snack on junk, since he will be around me all day:)
Well the boys are starting to fight ~ hope everyone is having a great day:)

8 comments:

Pip said...

Good luck when FIL comes over LOL! Keep positive, (and positive conversation) so hopefully he doesn't drag you down too much with the family sit in Tassie.

I can relate to the clothes thing big time too. You know what? My fav clothes to live in when round the house, (or going out casually for that matter) are elastic waisted gym shorts or long pants with a loose fitted t-shirt of singlet and sneakers. Why? - Cause I can kid myself I'm 'sporty' when in reality thats all that can fit round my waist and feel comfy!

So as part of my current challenge I'm aiming to keep gym clothes for the gym/active work. And shorts/pants/skirts WITHOUT elastic waistbands for streetwear. And even though my current size 12, (big fitting 12's I think) non stretch workshorts feel a bit tight I refuse to buy bigger ones.

Good luck! Am with you!

Pip

michelle said...

Try not to stress too much over FIL's visit. And tight pants are a bummer. I am sure when the boys get back to school and a routine is established you will be able to lose some of the weight. Good luck with the visit.

Zanna said...

Can relate to the tight pants - only a week off work over Christmas and I had to breathe in deeply to get them fastened when I went back to work. But like Michelle says when you get back into some sort of routine it will be much easier

Lisa C said...

It was good to see you...will have to catch up again soon!

Cinders said...

Hi Leighanne - not good that you're feeling a bit stressed. Do you have to 'babysit' the FIL fulltime? Maybe you should get hubby to talk to him and ask him to leave the bitching about the relies at home. Can you go help out at the kids school for a couple of days to get out of the house when it all gets too much?
Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leighanne!

I know how you feel with your FIL coming to stay. I get mighty stressed having house guests too! Just be as good as you can be leading up to it and remember your routine will be back to normal soon.

Thinking of you! Family dramas are no fun at all.

xoxo

Tina said...

I hope you don't feel too uncomfortable with your FIL. Like you said, it may be a good thing because you won't want him to see you picking at food.

I know what you mean about the daggy clothes. There is nothing better than having a day when you don't have to get dressed up for anyone.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments. I am enjoying reading your blog.

Chunky said...

Here's hoping it's not too stressful with FIL staying.

LOL @ not knowing what to do without the kids! We learn to define ourselves by them, don't we?