Monday, October 9

$86,400 A Day
Imagine there is a bank which credits your account each morning
with $86,400. Carries over no balance from day to day, allows you
to keep no cash balance, and every morning cancels what ever part of the
amount you failed to use during the day.
What would you do?
Draw out every cent, of course!
Well, everyone has such a bank. It's name is TIME.
Every morning it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
Every night it writes off, as a loss, whatever of this amount you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.
Each day it opens a new account for you.
Each night it burns the records of the day.
If you fail to use the days deposits, the loss is yours
There is no going back. There is no drawing against 'tommorrow'.
You must leave in the present on todays deposits.
Invest it so as to get the utmost health, happiness and success.
The clock is running. Make the most of today.
Seize the day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so on fire! Thank you for posting this, so true. I hope you don't mind but I am going to post it on my blog too. Everyone should be reading your blog!

Deb said...

holy crap thats an eye opener!!!

Thanks for posting that - it really makes me think about what I'm doing with my time (altho when i first started reading I was wondering what the hell you were on about hehe).

Don't worry about that teeny gain - you will work it off next week no sweat! :D

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wow... that was pretty powerful...
Love it.. i might use it also.. hehe...
Cheers Me

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with this, we all get too complacent with our time. Hope you're having a great week. 12 days to go (as if you didn't know that already!!LOL).
Bri

CaramelKitKat said...

This is so true. I have done bugger all today and need to make much better use of my time tonight. In fact, I should print this page.

Hope you're having a great week and are withdrawing the maximum each day!

Cinders said...

How did i miss this post - I love it Leighanne.. thanks xx

Anonymous said...

So inspirational. I love this!
We do get bogged down with living life instead of enjoying it...