Friday, August 18

Week 10!!

It has been 10 weeks since I started tracking my food everyday, getting serious about my weightloss and exercise. This is the first time I have stuck continuely to exercise for this long. I have heard that it takes 6 weeks to form a new habit. I think it's true as exercise doesn't seem like the 'chore' it used to be. I don't try to find excuses to put it off anymore. It is just part of my day. I even exercised both days last weekend - another 1st for me!!

This week I lost 500g - (I am 1.7 away from being in the 70's!!)

Yesterday
after weigh in I met my sister, and my
little nephew for lunch at a pizza/pasta resturant that I used regularly frequent a few years ago.
I used to order a entree gnocchi carbonara, and could have sides as well. Yesterday I could only get through 1/2 of the meal.
(and I had not even had breakfast!) - I ended up feeding most of the meal to my nephew!

To celebrate my loss I brought myself a pair of jeans - they were reduced to $20 then at the register they came to $15... love
a bargin. I have to get them put up (the short arse that I am..lol) so I wont pick them up to next week.
I've had a rule lately about not buying any more clothes until I lose more weight - but at the moment I am living in daggy trackie pants at home - and if I venture out I only have one pair of good pants that fit nicely. I have realised that lately feeling daggy has stopped me from doing things - like I just wait for the kids in the car when they get out of school instead of going in if I am looking
daggy! On the other hand, it has stopped me popping into the milkbar for chocolate during the week:)

I hope everyone has a great weekend - Luke is staying at a friends house tonight, so it will be nice and quiet with only one child at home:)

14 comments:

Cinders said...

Well done on the loss. Have a great weekend.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Good luck with the exercise program. I've found it easiest to exercise first thing in the morning. I know it may be hard to do with the kid's schedules, but I'm sure you'll work it in. Congrats on your consistency. Also,like the word, "daggy," which isn't used in the United States.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic about the weight loss hun.. You are on a roll and you Rock girl!!!!

6 weeks is a long tim to stick to something you must be really proud of yourself.

Love CM
P.S have you sorted out the father thing?

Kate said...

You are doing great!!

Carla said...

Well done you! your doing so well :) great bargain on the jeans too, love a good score!!!

Jadey said...

Well done babe! Congrats on the loss. You have done really well!

Briony said...

Congratulations on another loss, 70's here you come!! woo hoo.
Have a great week.
Bri

Ails said...

What a great loss this week Leighanne! And I think those new jeans are totally deserved - $15? What a bargain! Hope you are enjoying your weekend :)

Suzy said...

Well done on another great loss!

Glad you found a bargain and well done for loving your exercise. You are certainly getting results.

Julie's Journey said...

Well done on the weight loss. I still havent mastered eating half a meal so another well done. You have to love bargains in any form dont you? Keep it up and have a good week
:o)

michelle said...

Fantastic news that being in the 70s is just around the corner. And buy some new things on sale becasue believe me you feel better about yourself when you wear them and then you are more inclined to stick to it.

Madamx81 said...

well done with the new jeans - new clothes are always so fun :) I'm glad your boys had fun at the footy sjills clinic, unfortunately hird and Lloyd very rarely goes to those sorts of things, it's a shame really.

Kt said...

well done on the loss, you are doing great :)

Kt

Anonymous said...

Well done on sticking to your weightloss and obviously putting in such an awesome effort! You are going great guns :-)