Friday, August 25

This week I lost 300g, which makes 5 losses in a row, which I am really happy about!

My main problem lately is too much snacking on weekends - so this week I aim to be more 'aware' of my eating like I do Mon-Wed. I am very close to being out of the 80's... so I just wanna do my best to get there!!

Because I'm a little scared that something may trigger me to go back to old eating habits, I have got out my healthy/diet books to give me a boost of motivation: I always feel so motivated reading about people who have succeeded (thats why I love reading all your blogs!)
This week I have been reading 'Make the Connection' with Oprah and her trainer Bob Greene. Many of the changes they suggest I do already - but one thing that I have picked out from the book is to exercise with more intensity. Bob says that doing 20 mins at a higher intensity is better than an hour on the treadmill - just cruising ( which I have been doing) - so I will be upping the intensity this week!

Something that excited me this week (it doesnt take much...lol)
A few years ago I did lite-n-easy for a few weeks (got to expensive) and my favorite meal was 'Thai yellow chicken curry'. Every so often I think about going back on the program - just for that meal! I was excited to find that weight watchers has a new meal 'Yellow chicken curry' which I had for tea the other night - which was just as yummy as the original (and it had more vegies in it) So I have brought another one this week:)

I was watching A Current Affair last night and they were talking about a new book Healthy Parent/Healthy Child which looked really interesting - from what I can understand it is written by weight watchers, but it is about getting the family healthy - it is supposed to be in most bookstores, so I will be interested in having a look. As the mother on the show said 'I don't want my kids growing up worrying about weight issues like she did' - She had been overweight as a child up to her 20's!
I don't want my boys having to deal with all this stuff either - especially since there are quite a few of larger people on both my side and Vic's side of the family!

Today Jason and Luke had to Dress Up as a favorite book character - they both went as Harry Potter - here are some photo's we took before they went to school:-

100_1060

100_1063

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just finished that book.. OMG it is a good book.. I just couldn't put it down.

I have been working at a level 7 and sometimes a 8 which made me really think about it.. before I was just going to the gym... now I am pushing myself.

Great going on the loss hun woohoo.

Love the photos of your boys

Love CM

Kathryn said...

Well done on the loss.

I'm all about the intensity with exercise. You see these girls on the treadmill at the gym, strolling along reading a magazine and wonder why they bother... they might as well be curled up on the couch! The other good thing is doing intervals - getting your heart rate up with a spurt of high intensity exercise then recovering, and doing it all again.

Love the Harry Potters, and it's a nice easy costume for mums to make :) The brooms look fantastic.

Kate said...

Well done on the loss - and also the 5 weeks in a row!

The photos are sooo cute!
Have a great weekend

Kate

Cinders said...

Well done on another loss. Your boys look identical - very cute.

michelle said...

5 weeks in a row- great work. Love teh photos -they are both at an adorable age -enjoy them.

Ang said...

don't they look cute!!!!

Briony said...

5 losses in a row !! You legend. It's only 8 weeks til our birthday, I need you to kick my butt if I slacken off cos we want to look great this year right?
Loss number six is coming up for you - you're turning into the Weight Loss Queen!!! Well done.
Bri

Kate said...

Hehe they are both SO cute!

Well done on your 5 losses in a row :-)

Ails said...

I've read Make the Connection so many times! It really is good putting the topic of 'intensity' into perspective. I always think to myself that I should be working out to the point where I could have a conversation with someone during it but I'd really prefer not to.

Well done on the 300g! Hopefully the 70s will flash up soon :) :)

What cute photos of your little wizards! Absolutely gorgeous boys!

Rae said...

5 losses in a row, thats fantastic! and so close now to being out of the 80's for ever, i am so glad for you!
Your boys are aborable... i love harry potter, wonderful entertainment! and the brooms are great!

Lee-Anne said...

Well done Leighanne. You're going so well. What exercise programme have you been doing, if you don't mind???

I'm like you - tend to be a little more relaxed on the weekend and then spend the rest of the week on catch up.

Your boys are gorgeous and they look so grown up. Hope they had a great day.

Chunky said...

What lovely boys! Can't wait do to that sort of thing for my kids - but it's a few years away yet.

I saw the book story as well, and will head straight to the bookstore on the next shopping trip to try and find a copy. I agree with not putting our issues onto our kids - they don't deserve them - and I know alot of my issues are mother-related.

Congrats on sticking to it, and yr loss.

Hayley