Monday, August 7

Vic is feeling much better, although still a little tender!

It's a weird feeling that there will definetly be no more babies - We both don't want any more, we are way past the baby thing - but sometimes when you all talk of your pregnancies or I see the baby photo's - I think...maybe, ....which pretty quickly turns into NO!
- the fact it is final is a little sad:)

On to brighter things - have worked out a proper exercise plan, and have stuck to it today! - We went out for dinner twice over the weekend and it was not diet friendly, so I really need stick to it and eat like an angel the next few days (and hopefully have a small loss - or stay the same)
The last few days for lunch I have been making a 'salad' - lettuce, tommato, onion, red cabbage with a little kraft free ceaser dressing topped with 1 chopped rasher of bacon, and a chopped egg ( I am really loving eggs at the moment, we have chooks so they are nice and fresh, and free) It ends up a huge bowl - is so yummy and really fills me up! - today I tried it with kraft free mayo instead, but it wasnt as nice! - maybe I will try some mustard next time:)

Well hubby just got home - see you all later:)

9 comments:

michelle said...

I understand what you mean about the baby thing. That was one thing I found hard to let go off. But youhave a lovely, healthy family. Good luck with staying on track thi sweek.

Kate said...

I can understand what you mean too about no more babies. We are probably planning at least one more baby, but sometimes I think 'no way!!' - and then I feel sad thinking this could be the last pregnancy, the last birth (haha, as if I'd miss that part), the last baby to breastfeed etc. But good on your husband for getting the vasectomy - we have agreed that Joseph will do the same when we are ready.
I was surprised when working for Family Planning to find that a vasectomy is much more effective than a tubal ligation!! Scary!

Briony said...

I feel the same as you too. I have only got one child, I guess I started too late (as you know i'm 40 this year). Also we just bought a house. Two of my best friends just found out they are pregnant and i'm so jealous. I wish it was me. Maybe if I won Lotto?? It's very sad, but it's inbuilt and a very "woman's hormonal" thing you know.
In my case i'm happy that at least I didn't miss out on having a child altogether, that would have been so sad (even though I didn't know that before I had him!!).
Have a great week, i'm trying to lose my weekend gain so I can "turtle" too!
Bri

Margaret said...

Your salad sounds delicious Leighanne. Well done on sticking to your plan with everything that is going on.

I hope your husband heals well and isn't too sore.

Have a great week Leighanne :D

Ang said...

You are doing so well!!! What are you down to now? Your kicking butt :D

Ails said...

I've just caught up on your all latest posts - sorry for the delay in getting around to you :(

Congrats on the recent losses. It does come as a shock to see the scales show the gain that you had but it shows great character and strength to put that behind you and start again. Well done girly :)

It was a pity you didn't make it to the blogger meet, it would have been great to meet you. There certainly wasn't any pressure about everyone's weights, etc, it was just a lovely afternoon putting real life faces to names, and getting to more people on a totally different level. Next time, promise?

I'm glad Vic's feeling better. Friday must have been the day for vastectomies - my boss had one on Friday as well. Too funny :)

Hope weigh-in this saturday reveals another pleasant surprise! *fingers crossed*

Ails xxx

Kt said...

hope hubby is all ok! mmm salad sounds delicious, tho if u lived in nz, its not very salad weather like lol

Hi said...

Hey! You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the rules! Awesome to know hubby is doing well! Keep up the good work.

Suzy said...

Salad sounds yummy. You are so lucky to have fresh healthy eggs!
Have a lovely weekend Lee.