Thursday, July 20

Wow all of us blogger's are such a great supportive community!! I really feel like giving you all a big hug through the screen! I wish I could meet you all:)

I'm not really sure why I was feeling so down through the week, I had been on a 'roll' with everything for 5 weeks! ( that is the longest time I have stuck to this for ages) and I just kinda fell into a 'slump' which easily reverted to old eating habits ( comfort food!)
......... Isn't it amazing how quickly we can fall into those old eating patterns!!

I really had thoughts during the last few day's of giving up - that I am sick of having to watch what I am eating, it just seems so hard sometimes! BUT don't worry I have no intention of doing that at all:)

Luckily I still did all my exercise ( it has turned into a normal part of my day now) so at weigh in today I 'turtled' which means I stayed the same as last week ( which I didn't mention last week was a .1 gain) ....but my thinking today has been that this is really not good enough!! I really want to get losing properly again... so I am determined to record a loss next week!

I think I let things get to me to much - and I end up so depressed about what is going on in my life! ( there is one issue going on that I can't really discuss here) Tonight I sat down and had a scotch and (diet) coke with hubby - the first time I have had a drink in ages! It was really nice to sit and relax:) ......but now I am wide awake and it's after midnight..lol

Well I might go have a read up on what you all have been up to!!

9 comments:

Madamx81 said...

well done for sticking with it, so often the easy road of quitting temps us, but you have done really well to keep at it. Staying the same is better than a gain so well done :)

Suzy said...

Yes well done for maintaining during a bad week. Hope you have a lovely weekend and a better week next week.

Ang said...

:) Keep smiliing. :)

I'm sure you will find the strength to get through whatever it is that is worrying you.

Take care

x Ang X

michelle said...

Hope you manage with whatever is troubling you. You are doing well to stick to the exercise. I have been having similare motivational problems with all of this but teh exercise is keeping me sane. Have a good weekend.

Julie's Journey said...

I think the answer with the weight thingy is finding the balance. Ive been a bit sad lately for a variety of reasons so I sympathise with you. Hope everything is looking brighter.
:o)

Kt said...

hope all is ok with u!

Mary said...

Yep, finding your balance with all this is definitel the key. I think the hardest part is losing the weight because that's when you really have to do the hard work but once you get there, it is so much sweeter. You'll get there and it sounds like you think about things in a level headed kind of way. A drink now and then sure helps to unwind too. You're doing so well girl!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment Leighanne!

'turtled'- it like it! When you have things going on in your life - a maintain really isnt so bad, when in the past that may have meant an excuse to gain weight!

Hi said...

Hehehe, a big hug through the screen! CUTE!
It is prefectly normal to fall into a slump, I know the feeling! We just have to pull ourselves up and jump back on the horse! Keep up the good work!