Friday, June 9

Two weeks ago (the day of that huge gain!) at my weigh in club we all had our photo taken, so they could be made into an album and given to our friend Marg who is still in hospital. Her memory for names is a little sketchy but she does recognise our faces - we all wrote a message near our photo!

We were all given a copy of our photo yesterday - and unfortunetly the camera does not lie... the fat around my middle is terrible!

I'm happy they only used head shots in the album...hehe

I definately don't want my body to look like this anymore!!

Even though this is not my heaviest photo at 98 kilo's ( will have to find that one and post it) This is the heaviest that I have been - I have hovered around this weight for around three years now!! REALITY CHECK... things are not working...things need to change!!

I am still in the right headspace to make these changes...and changes I will make...this time for good!!

I picked up a book while I was in coles yesterday - Karen Hobbs 2nd book~the 28 day meal planner...I am really bad at sticking to daily plans, but I have gone though them and worked out my dinners for the week starting 15th June ( I did this weeks shopping yesterday) Main meals is where I have tended to 'stuff up' lately. I have been getting bored with what I am making...I even considered getting the light and easy meals for a while - I have had them before (4yrs ago) and the dinners are lovely but it is just too expensive when I am not working as much as I would like ( it's only 2-3 times a fortnight at the moment)

I am really looking forward to the meals next week - they include noodles with beef and carrot, beef supreme, chicken cannelloni, sweet and sour chicken and zucchini and cheese pasta!

The problem now is waiting till next week...lol

Edit: Jasons blog is at http://jasonraymondsmith.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Ang said...

The photo didn't work chicky!!

one week at a time. Good idea.

Julie's Journey said...

Photos smotos - I always look bad in them so dont take it too hard. You know what you have to do and you know how to do it... Go get em girl. By the way, the 28 day meal plan really does appeal to the control freak in me !
:o)

Briony said...

I have to have a meal plan or I go stupid and sneak stuff in that I shouldn't be eating. Those dinners sound yummy. Glad to hear you're back on track. We have to be slimmer for our birthdays this year don't we!!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bri

Mary said...

I'm like Bri, I have to plan my food too. Not to the exact meal but I need to make sure I have all the ingredients and roughly know what I'm going to make for the week. I get bored with set plans too but planning is definitely the key to success. I hope you have a good week!

Kt said...

meal plan sounds great, very tasty indeed!

Margaret said...

I love the fact that you can admit that what you are doing isn't working and are taking steps to change them. That is a HUGE thing and one that I find difficult to do myself. You have motivated me to have a look at my lack of planning with food and find ways of improving it.

You will look sensational at the wedding Leighanne. You are beautiful :D

Learning Leaders said...

Hey Leighanne - good to catch up. The photo is really nice but I agree it is times like that when we are not happy with somethign in particular that gives us a spur on. You are on the right track so hang in there.lb