Monday, February 13

Thanks for your lovely comments, Sorry I didn't say how Hubby was injured! As most of you know, he works at a tree nursery - on Thursday afternoon he was dragging a heavy pot (with tree in) and the handle snapped so he fell backwards - he didn't want to hit his head on the wooden pole behind him, so he put his hand out to break the fall, bending his wrist way to far the wrong way! His boss took him to the Dr's and they just told him to ice it and come back Monday if it is still sore (very slack). The poor thing was in so much pain the whole night - so I rang the boss in the morning and told her I was taking him to the hospital, she was shocked that no xray was taken the day before!
At the hospital the Dr thought that it may have been broken, but xray showed that the ligaments are badly sprained and he strapped the wrist firmly.
Vic is one of those (annoying) people that never sits down, so it has been hard on him being one handed - and made him quite grumpy too! It didn't help that last night the tv antenna fell off the roof,(which means no tv at all, maybe for a few days!!) and he can't do anything about it with one hand - so I will most likely miss the first biggest loser tonight ~ not happy!
He has gone back to work today (light duties) and will just take things easy.

Last night I was going through old notebooks and things, and I found some of my fat photo's and some really motivating quotes, which I will post soon!
~since my computer has been playing up, it hasn't let me post photo's - they don't load properly in flickr. But I will post them when I can!

I have been reading a few blogs this morning ~ it sounds like the girls that met up in Sydney had a great time! I wish I could have gone too :) Maybe all you girls should come down to melb!!

Hope you are all having a great week:)

8 comments:

Kate said...

Ouch your poor husband! That sounds really sore! Bummer about no tv - I think our household would fall apart without the tv - hehe!

Yummy Mummy said...

What - you will have to go and visit someone.. jsut while the Biggest Loser is on. I have no intention of missing one show - I am a reality tv show junkie.. and this one is right up my alley!!!

Julie's Journey said...

Some people, usually husbands, do not make good patients I have found. Hope he mends soon. I have been looking forward to Biggest Loser too. I love it when it first starts. I better start getting tea ready. Have a good week.
:o)

Margaret said...

I have taped the show and whilst that may not help you I can tell you all about it if you like LOL.

Yes it was slack of his work not to get it x-rayed and strapped properly. Hopefully though a bit of rest will see it heal nicely. And if he annoys you too much just put him on the trampoline :D

Hope you have another great week

Suzy said...

Hope he is soon mended. I know what you mean about having a DH that can't sit still for a minute!

Briony said...

Hope DH is better soon, nothing worse than having a moaning DH around the house! Have a great day.
Bri

Ang said...

Sorry couldn't figure out how to post for todays entry... 14/2/06. Dumb me.

Bummer about the hubbys injuries hope he bounces back quick!

Love the flowers!!!!!! You lucky thing.
PS glad your back

Suzy said...

Latest post won't allow comments.

Anyway, beautiful roses!
Great to have progress pics too.