Monday, January 2

2006 - A fresh Start!

The numbers are in;
New Years day weight was 83.5, which means over Christmas/New years eve I gained 1.4 - which I am pretty happy with, considering I thought it was nearly 3 kilo's!!

Up to now I have lost 14.5 kilo's ( heaviest weight was 98)
I now have 18.5 kilo's left to lose to reach my doctors goal weight of 65 kilo's
( I will see if I wanna go lower when I get there)
I worked out that~
If I was to lose 1/2 a kilo a week, I can easily be at 65 kilo's at the end of september (20th) which is 37 weeks!

My aim for the year is to be at goal of 65, or at least very close by my next birthday (oct 22) That gives me a month leeway as well:)
Looking at it this way, this is very achievable:)

How I will do it~
I have started to re read AJ Rochesters books, and will read Dr Phil again to give me a boost with motivation!
I have also printed out low fat recipes from blogs and the ww website, and gone through my healthy cookbooks and put all our favorites in a note book. Now I have a huge variety of dinners to cook!
I also have put my name down for Paulenes new challenge.

I am also aiming to exercise for at least 30 min per day ( excluding the days I am working) as I am moving the whole time I am at work anyway.
I will stick to drinking my 3 litres of water a day - I don't have much trouble with this one:)
I am feeling really motivated to have a great year - I am not going to worry about what I am eating, just eat healthy - and only when I am hungry:)


...And for something totally un-related...we took the kids to see Chicken Little at the movies today- it was a very funny movie, I recomend everyone to go see it!!

Hope everyone is having a great week:)

16 comments:

Kt said...

Happy New Year!!!! your xmas gain was little - gone in no time!

Tina said...

Good luck for achieving your goals this year Leighanne...it's a very do-able list! I haven't read any of AJ's books, should check them out. Take care!

laura said...

u can do it...good luck with it all

Suzy said...

Yes you can do it. You sound very motivated. Best of luck.

I thought Chicken Little looked very cool in the advert. I must try and take my littlies (an excuse for me to see it too!).

Ang said...

Hey Glad you liked chicken little... I am thinking about dragging my 16 yo sister to watch it, because I have started calling her Chicken little, (which she loves for some weird reason)
Might deffinately have to get along to see it now.

1.4kgs thats not sooooo bad! Just think, it was so worth it.

:) Take care
A

Yummy Mummy said...

New year - fresh fresh and clean slate to det your goals and get them by the end of 2006 - hope all is well and you had a little break over christmas

Briony said...

1.4 - that's nothing - well done. I'm sure we'll both be at goal by our birthday, i'm counting on it.
Feel free to jump on me if I get off the track! LOL Have a great week.
Bri

Baby Bump Wanted said...

happy new year.
1.4 isnt too bad over xmas. good goal for 65 by sept very achievable
good luck and have a great year ahead of you

Julie's Journey said...

1.4 is good for such a tempting time of year. Dont worry it will be gone in no time.
You sound so motivated it is inspiring.
I have no littlies to take but Chicken Little is on my list too.
:o)

Kate said...

Yay for being so motivated!! You can do this!

michelle said...

Not much of a gain at all. Well done. You are sounding very motivated and those goals are very achievable.

Mary said...

Hey, 1.4kg over Xmas is pretty darn good so a big well done. It would have been so easy to put on heaps more with all the parties and bad food around!! I reckon you can get to goal by your next birthday for sure, you've got such a great attitude :-) Thanks for the Chicken Little tip too.

Chris Powell said...

hey, happy new year. Im still in oz but will be back in japan next week and ill update my blog with all my adventures soon. Its been almost three weeks since ive posted on the blog so i have lots to tell.

good to hear u r well.

Chris

Carla said...

Happy new year!!! i love your motivation and your plan for the new year! so cool :) 1.4kg for a gain over this season is very good... i did double that (i blame the wine...) and it would have been more if i hadnt of been out walking everyday! back to normal now though... well! kinda!!!

Me said...

Well done on minimising your gain over Christmas and good for you for your plans for 2006 - you certainly sound organised.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Margaret said...

Happy New Year Lee. You have a great plan for the New Year and I wish you the best of luck. The 12 week challenge of Paulenes sounds great and I will be checking the standings to see how you are going :D

Have a great day