Friday, August 26

First I would like to thank you all for your lovely posts of support:)
I do believe that if I had not posted what I was feeling the other day, that I would still be going down the wrong(crap) food track.

My unofficial weigh in resulted in a gain of 2.4. I have already got rid of another .2 today, which I am stoked about since we went to a friends place last night for his birthday and had pizza for tea(2 slices), and I had 2 lemon, lime and vodka UDL cans - so if I put in the work this week, hopefully I can make a big dent out of this figure by next Thursday:)

Had a bit of a stressful day yesterday, just before I went to the job centre, I stopped to buy a salad roll from the bakery. When I got back in my car there was was no power at all, I had to lock all the doors individually - and could not even reopen the doors with the key!
Wost thing for me is that my Dad lives a 5 minute walk away - but he has gone on a 4wd trip up the centre of Australia for a month.

So I walked down to the job place to tell the girl what was going on - and burst into tears, as I was so stressed out, from being late and not knowing what to do - and extremly worried about getting home in the afternoon. She said it was fine, and to take as long as I need, so I walked to the Holden dealer and they were really nice - the guy drove me up to my car, and worked out that it was a flat battery, he wiggled some wires and drove the car back to the dealership, drove me back to the job place and said he would fix it up!
I came back when I had finished the job stuff - and he said the car was ready and explained what he had done. When I asked how much - he said 'Don't worry about it" and sent me on my way. I rang hubby and told him what had happened, and when I told him there was no charge - he took the guy some beer to thank him:) As he had been so nice!

I will go have a read how everyone else is going, hope you all have a great weekend:)

5 comments:

Mary said...

The kindness of strangers, love it! I hope you are feeling much better now and have a really nice weekend :-)

Jack said...

Cool, what a display of kindness, and you were all worried:-) Hang in there!

Margaret said...

Well done for weighing and for getting it on the board. Now you know where you are headed and it sounds like you are already on your way.

It is great when you get a confirmation that people can be really nice and that humankind has not completely died out yet..

Have a great weekend and thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Suzy said...

Well done for getting back on track. How annoying about your car. Glad someone was able to help.

jak said...

Wow! What a great end to a stressful day, what with the understanding lady at the job centre and the free & fabulous service from Holden. :)