Tuesday, May 17

Gingerbread friends

Here is the recipe out of the slimming magazine;

makes 24
cook time 8-10 min

250g self raising flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
100g low fat spread, chilled
50g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 180c. line two trays with baking paper. combine flour, gingerand cinnamon together. Rub in spread with fingerips. Stir in sugar, golden syrup and egg to form soft dough. On a lightly floured board roll out dough to 5mm thick. Cut out using a small gingerbread cutter. Transfer to prepared trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes till lightly golden.
You can decorated with icing!

I didn't have a gingerbreadman cutter - so I made stars instead, and I didn't worry about the decorating!

3 comments:

Sue said...

These sound lovely! It's lucky my baking days are over - I'd be sure to eat too many!

Sue said...

By the way, this is the first time I've been to your blog, so I've just been having a read of your old entries. Well done and keep up the great work!

Leighanne said...

The recipe is out of the June issue '05
-Thanks for leaving a comment Sue :)