Monday, April 9

Hope you had a great Easter, whatever you got up to during the long weekend:)

My brother is still in hospital – so most of the time was spent keeping him company. He has been having surgery (on Good Friday and Easter Sunday) to cut out infected tissue and to drain fluid. After the last one he has a machine connected (VAC) to draw out the oxygen to help the healing process – I took a look at the Dr’s notes and he is to be hooked up to this machine until the 25th of this month, so it’s looking like it will be quite a while till he will be able to come home – since after all this, he will need skin grafts to fix the holes (3 at the moment) in his leg.

I have been reading the Peaches and Cream website forum which was started by the lovely Brooke… a subject which I have found really interesting after reading Brooke’s, Kate’s and Lisa Jane’s blogs…it’s not a diet, just being more aware of your eating…not depriving yourself.
At the moment with life being so busy, any eating plans, and exercise plans have completely been abandoned, between having the boys on holidays, working and spending time with Malcolm I have not had much time for anything else. To top it off my washing machine broke down the other day, so now I have to add trips to the Laundromat as well. I am so tired. I have found the last few weeks I have eaten chocolate everyday in the evenings, as a comfort, the kids and hubby have gone to bed so I can have a bit of ‘Me’ time!

I have been listening to my body the last day or so ~ even though my eating has been less than ideal, last night I was watching TV when everyone else was sleeping ( I have become a night owl of late) and I knew there was left over Easter chocolate in the pantry, I was so close to get up and eat it, but I said to myself, I don’t really feel like choc, I just want it because it is there – it felt great not to eat it for no reason, I think this IE makes a lot of sense. I am not drinking water religiously like before – but now I find I am craving water (like I used to crave soft drink) –which is great!
So…even though I am not focusing on losing weight at the moment…at least I am still learning something…Thank you Brooke for starting the forum:)

Had a sneak peek on the scales and it wasn’t great – I’m not going to stress about it now. I believe stressing over negative things doesn’t help. I am doing my best to find positives in everything, as being negative just brings me down, and make me feel depressed, and I really hate feeling that wayJ

I have been listening to others around me and am really noticing the negativity in my family, being around all that makes me feel blah and I compensate by eating.
NO MORE!!!
Now my main priority is Vic and my boys – I don’t want my boys to grow up in the negative environment that I did.

One thing that had really worried me lately is that when Jason is bored, he goes straight to the pantry for a snack….did I teach him this??
How can I break this cycle?? I don’t want to teach my boys unhealthy eating habits!!

Well this has gotten a bit long…you deserve a medal if anyone is still reading:)
Have a great week!!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I've used those Vac dressings quite a bit on the wards here and they are fantastic, they work so well - can be pretty painful though - eek. Hope things are right with your brother soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh your poor brother.. that is a long time to be in hospital hun, but I suppose it is the best place for him aye.

I have joined Peaches and cream too... haven't read much though as this week has been full on but I am going to really investigate this week.. IE is certainly an interesting subject one that I would like to know more about.

Love Chubbymum

Zanna said...

Gosh your brother has had a terrible time of it and obviously a big worry for you. Interesting to read your comment about negativity - I've always believed strongly in the power of being and thinking positively and then just last weekend watched "the Secret'. I'd read about it on a few blogs and managed to download a copy to watch. I just sat there nodding as it's so close to the way I feel and think. Watch if you get a chance - it will confirm these thoughts you've been having and I reckon give you some good strategies for yourself and to teach your children. Take care
Z xx

Margaret said...

Happy Easter to you too Leighanne (belatedly so)..

I am sorry Mal is still in hospital and still so sick. I hope that the infection heals soon and he is back on his feet.

Lovely photos of you and the boys at the wedding. You look great. Happy and glowing and smiling :)

I too have been spending a bit of time over at P&C. I think there is a lot of good sense in what is being said and taught. That being said I think I will need to read a few of the books and see where it takes me.

Keep making those small improvements to your own day and your boys will follow in your footsteps. You are a great Mum and the boys will learn well from you.

Hugs..

M

Steve said...

Its good to break that negative cycle. Remember its your choice to be negative or positive and you can choose which path to take.....