Monday, January 1

Happy New Year - The Holiday is over!

We have just come back from spending a few days camping with some friends in Yea, no mobile signal, no electricity, so relaxing, exactly what I needed for a recharge:)

We stayed on a friends property, 75 acres, he is a cattle farmer (who lives in the city), and his land has a part of the goulburn river running through. The only building on the whole property is an old tin shack that they all call 'the hut'

Here is the view of the river...so lucky to have water to swim in!

The Hut!
It was a pretty quiet New Years....a bit of rain which was lovely!!
All the kids were getting impatient by 11.30pm - they pepped up for the countdown and lit some sparklers...we were all fast asleep by 12.30!!
Things were ok eatingwise considering I had no imput with any cooking or food prep - One of the other guys is a bully with the bbq...won't let any female near it...won't even let us do dishes...a real sweetie!! I ate bbq meat with salad most meals. I did drink a fair amount of scotch - with diet coke...this will be the last time for a while:)
But we are home now and since this is the last time we are going away, it is time for me to get back into a rountine!
I have a horrible photo that Jason took while we were away that has really made me cringe...I will look at it as a reminder of why I am doing this!!
In the morning I will weigh myself for my official start weight ( I couldn't weigh in this morning)
and also do some measurements to keep me motivated:)
I hope evryone on holidays are having a great time - and that those at work are not working too hard!! Will check up on you all in the morning!
Goodnight:)







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year hon!

your holiday sounds amazing!

michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday. This si teh sort of experience the boys will remember forever. Glad to hear you were able torelax. Good luck with getting back on track today.

Mary said...

What a fantastic way to bring in the New Year! Shame the holiday is over but cheers to 2007 :-)

Chunky said...

Glad you had a nice NY break with yr family, Leighanne.

Here's to a new start!

Cinders said...

Happy New Year Leighanne. Glad you had a nice break.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Looks like an awesome place to camp out...
Glad you got to refresh...
Ok.. Now you have a yukky pic... lets see it.... Come on I have posted my yukky ones.. i tell you it is the most useful piece of motivation I know...Yukky pics of ourselves...

HD said...

Sounds like you had a great time, which is exactly what you needed and deserved.

Good luck with the fresh start, i'm sure you'll be back in the 70's in no time :)

Baby Bump Wanted said...

happy new year, sounded like a nice camping holiday
thanks for the comment about my sisters baby - she is very cute

Suzy said...

What a lovely holiday! Happy New Year!