Monday, December 11

I am still here ... things are pretty hectic at the moment!!
It has been so hot here lately, and smoky from all the fires that are burning around the state.

I weighed in on thursday and lost 100g - which is ok, my goal for the next few weeks is to try and maintain - It has been hard with numerous lunches and dinners...and I have not exercised much in this hot weather. Last year(and the year before that!) over christmas I gained 3 kilo's - so to lose a little or stay the same will be the best outcome for me....then I will start anew in the new year!!

My youngest brother Malcolm, came home with me on thursday and spent a few days with us which was nice...the boys had a free day on friday - I got the boys santa photo done and we all went and finished our christmas shopping!
Then we went and visited my new nephew (my other brother Brendan, first baby) which was born on 2nd dec...he is so tiny, was only 5 pound 6 oz - I didn't have my camera on me, so will have to make sure I have it next time....feeling very clucky...lol

I have finally sent out the christmas cards...I feel really bad this year as I normally make the cards. but with working I just have not had the time...so just shop brought ones this year!
Yesterday the boys and I spent most of the day making chocolates to give as gifts... at school they have kris kringle - but it has to be something made - not brought, I will make up a box for Vic to take to work to share in the luch room...and take the rest for the family on christmas day!
The boys had fun squishing candy canes to put in the choc, and mixing white and milk choc...made heaps of mess though!
Well have heaps to do...hope everyone had a great weekend:)

10 comments:

Ang said...

I think staying the same during this time of year is enough of a challenge (well for me anyway!)

Chunky said...

So much to do, so little time! Sounds like you're having so much fun.

With all the work involved with Xmas, you'd think the weight would just drop off us, hey? Here's hoping!

Fatinah said...

congrats on showing a loss at this very challenging time of year. planning to maintain is so smart - there is nothing worse than starting the year off feeling behind.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wooohoooo you go girl...
The crushed candy canes in the choc sounds yum.. and they are gluten free for me too... wooohoooooo
i will post later what i am off to cook for my christmas parties... hehe..yummmmmmm
i will be lucky to maintain over xmas this year...

Kada said...

Alaskaboy spent all weekend baking, oh boy the house smelt divine! Cnadycanes in chocolate, that sounds nice!

Hope you manage to have the best holiday season yet! :)

Kt said...

i love that cartoon, so cute!
100gms lost is better than 100gms gained :)

Jadey said...

Sounds like a fantastic KK! I love homemade stuff. It's has a bit of love in every part.

Chunky said...

Thx for the chrissie card!

Mary said...

Gosh, it is so busy this time of year! I hope you have a great Christmas :-) Catch you in the New Year!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I know you cant blog at the moment... But I just wanted to pop by and say hello...
Hope you are doing ok...
Hugs Nannette